Points to remember –
-Don’t force restart unless your iPhone or iPad is not responding.
-The button combination is different for iPhone 7/ iPhone 7 Plus.
-Hold down the buttons until you see the Apple logo.
How to reset/ hard reboot on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
This method works on the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. To force your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus to hard reset aka reboot iPhone, press and hold down the Sleep/ Wake button on top of your device, and the volume down button on the side of the phone, until the screen goes black and Apple logo appears in the middle. This might take up to 25 seconds, so don’t let go until you see the Apple logo.
How to reset/ hard reboot on older iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, and older iPhone models
This method works on all iPhone and iPad models, except the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus. To force your iPhone or iPad to hard reboot aka reset, press and hold down the Home button (under the display) and the power button (or the Sleep/ Wake button, as Apple calls it) on top of the device, until the screen goes black and the Apple logo appears in the middle. This method works with the iPads as well.
More Tips & Tricks
- Siri not working? Try these troubleshooting fixes
- Tips & Trick : Here’s How You Charge An iPhone 7 And Listen To Music At The Same Time
- Apple Released iOS 10 Beta 7 For Developers And Public Testers
- 20 iPhone Secret Codes You Must Know
- 10 3D Touch Tips And Tricks iPhone 6s Users Must Know
- iPhone : How To Automatically Delete Old Messages To Free Up Space On iPhone, iPad
- How to Make Bootable MacOS Sierra 10.12 Beta USB Installer Drive.